E-way bill is Mandatory for All Indian states and union territories for Both (Inter- State, Intra- State) movement of goods since 3rd June 2018.
About E-way bill, it’s a electronic documentation of movement of goods under the GST (goods and services tax), was mandatory for all inter-state movement of goods from 1 April. For intra-state movement, the implementation was done in a phased manner, and completed by 3 June.
E-bill has been introduced across the country since April 1, now 10 such things about e-way bill everybody should know.
- Now if a businessman or transporter has e-bill related issues or some technical problems then the department can also be approached by officials.
- E-way bill has been applied to transport the goods whose worth more than Rs. 50,000 from road, rail, air or waterway to states from one state to another. E-bills should be prepared before carrying out the goods. There should be details about the consignor, consignee and transporter. The transporter can enroll on the general portal and e-bills for his clients can be prepared.
- The main problem with e-way bill is the obligation to cover the distance of 100 kilometers in 24 hours. Not knowing all the means of generating e-ways Many businessmen are not familiar with computers and the Internet.
- Updating the e-way bill as well as changing transport vehicle. Updating e-way bills, even if the truck gets damaged or stuck. For the e-way bill, the price of goods is only 50,000/- rupees.
- Any person can enroll and generate a e-bill. The first condition for generating bills is that there is a registration over the GST portal. If the transporter is not registered then it is necessary to register at e-way bill portal https://ewaybillgst.gov.in. For this, it is necessary to have a tax invoice, bill or delivery challan and the transporter’s ID transporting goods and goods.
- It must be a transporter document number or vehicle number for Generate E-Way Bill.
- If there is any mistake in e-bill, then you will not be able to improve it. In such a situation, you will have to cancel the e-bill that has happened in the bill and have to generate a new e-bill.
- If a transporter has many consignments in the same vehicle, then he can use the GST EWB-02 form to make a full e-bill.
- If someone unable to generate the bill then the transporter can generate e-bill from him.
- The validity of e-way bill depends on the distance of the transport of the goods. Validity is up to 100 km for 24 hours and for every 100 km or later it will be an extra day. This will also be applicable in cases where the travel will be stopped and the transport will include more than one transporter.
Visit here for sample E-Way Bill demo video